ACI’s certification programs provide you with the credentials to build the best concrete structures in the world. Read more information on the benefits of ACI Certification at the ACI web site.
All courses are held at BASF headquarters: 23700 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood, OH 44122
At this time, the NE Ohio ACI Chapter along with the BASF Beachwood facility are able to once again safely conduct ACI Certification classes starting in August. That being said, in order to comply with the State of Ohio and Federal CDC requirements, there will be new safety protocols in place for examinees and supplemental examiners to follow.
The protocols will be in place as follows for the August sessions:
- All the examinees and supplemental examiners will enter through the east parking lot door only*. Do not enter through the main entrance. (*The east parking lot can be accessed from Commerce Parkway via Chagrin Blvd or Green Road.)
- Examinees and examiners are required to fill out the health screening form, have their temperature taken & answer the questions asked of them regarding their health. Anyone with a temperature of 100 F (37.8 C) or greater will not be allowed into the facility.
- All examinees and supplemental examiners must wear masks, disposable gloves and the other usual PPE at all times. They can bring their own masks if they like. External supplemental examiners must follow BASF protocols.
- All equipment used by examinees will be sterilized by the supplemental examiners with 70% isopropyl alcohol after each use, then they will put on a new pair of gloves.
- The seats in the review and exam demo theater will be cleaned & sterilized before and after the written exam review and for the written exam itself.
In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, the August session will follow the guideline listed below:
- Class size will be limited to 25 examinees in order to keep the total head count of examinees and supplemental examiners to about 30.
- We will use Labs K, Lab L and Lab M for Field Tech review, practice & performance examinations. In addition to 3 labs for distancing we will also line examinees out into the hallway when necessary for social distancing.
- Lab Tech examinees will be kept to a maximum of 4, under the condition that only 2 examinees at a time will be in the cylinder break room while 2 examinees will be allowed in Lab O and sufficiently spaced.
Our Chapter along with BASF would like to stress that there will be no exceptions, anyone who does not agree to these protocols will not be allowed entrance into the facility and asked to leave. While in the facility, anyone caught without masks, gloves will be escorted out of the facility. If this occurs on the test date, the offender will be escorted out of the facility and the test will be voided and the examinee will have to wait until November to register and submit payment again. No exceptions.
We will be offering 2 sessions in August for ACI Certification for the following programs:
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1
- ACI Concrete Laboratory Technician – Strength Testing Technician and/or Aggregate Testing Technician – Level 1
The dates for the sessions are as follows:
- 1st Session – August 1st (review) August 8th (written and practical exam)
- 2nd Session – August 22nd (review) August 29th (written and practical exam)
Because the exam session class size will be limited, registrations will be accepted as first come first serve in selecting the preferred exam date.
**If you register for the 1st session and are unable to attend, you will have to wait until the November session to register again.**
Below you will find registration forms for the August sessions. Please circle which test date you would like to register for.
Also includes is a examinee agreement form that you will need to sign and submit back along with your registration form that states you understand the protocols and guidelines for August’s testing session and will abide by all safety measures in place at the BASF Beachwood facility.
Please reach out to Brooke Hayden if you have any questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Certification Forms and COVID Agreement
- August 1 and 8 or August 22 and 29: ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- August 1 and 8 or August 22 and 29: ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician Certificatiom – Level 1
(includes both the ACI Level I Aggregate Testing Technician, and the ACI Level 1 Strength Testing Technician exams)
- COVID Agreement